CIS Juniors adds value to and focuses on nurturing the confidence of every child while propelling each child forward to the next level of learning and being.
The first few years of a child’s life lay the foundation for his / her future. The human brain is at its most malleable in the first few years, and skills learned and developed in these years enable further learning. At the same time, areas of the brain not stimulated in the first few years lose the ability to make new connections. The principles on which our program is founded are:
CUSTOMIZATION: Each child is unique, and has his / her own developmental needs. Each child develops at a different pace. An effective program must be customized to the development curve of each child.
CURRICULUM: A strong foundation is the scaffolding for the future. The most effective early childhood education is a combination of play based, explorative learning and a structured, directed approach, in a learning environment that is fully supportive of the needs of the individual child. An effective program fosters a lifelong love for learning, exploring, creating, imagining and stretching the boundaries of what is possible.
CARE: Children have an immense capacity for learning, imagination, creativity and self-expression. With care and nourishment, in the right learning environment combined with the right teaching methods, core cognitive, social, physical, emotional and creative abilities of children develop, accelerate and strengthen.
COMMUNICATION: Parents are partners with CIS Juniors in the early childhood journey of their children. Effective and constant communication with parents is key to the overall development of the child.
- Develops a child’s innate love of learning.
- Gives freedom to each child to learn and progress at his / her own pace.
- Learning environments for the child based on Montessori and Waldorf.
- Cultivates good communication skills.
- Celebrates creativity in all its forms; visual and performing.
- Renders great pastoral care.
- Promotes positive and happy attitude.
- Provides activity-based opportunities for skill development and enrichment programmes.
- Ensures age-appropriate learning environment and immense joy in learning.
- Facilitates and strengthens gross and fine motor development.
- Focus on joyfulness, beauty and perfection.
- Provide personal attention even in large classrooms.
- Differentiate instruction and personalise learning through
- Use assessment rubrics that cover the broader objectives of
- Encourage self and peer learning and checking.
- Integrate independent work.
- Create intrinsic motivation from the earliest ages.
The Image of a Child at CIS JuniorsOur image of a CIS Juniors child defines the skills, abilities and attitudes that we want each of our child to possess when they enter secondary school and beyond. It is this image that informs and guides our curriculum, our class environment, our teaching methods and our focus.
We, at CIS Juniors, provide a carefully planned & structured environment in which the child grows and learns in a natural way. We provide the child with hands-on learning experience by adopting the latest technological tools for teaching such as interactive white boards, smart boards etc. These teaching aids clarify the basic concepts of numbers; words etc., enhance the concentration power of the children, improves their listening, speaking & reading skills ,enables fast-paced learning and makes learning interesting for them. Our learning environment for the child is based on
Maria Montessori (1870-1952)
Maria Montessori, a medical doctor and anthropologist, opened the first Casa dei Bambini (not “school” but “house of children”) in Rome, Italy in 1907.
"Whoever touches the life of the child touches the most sensitive point of a whole which has roots in the most distant past and climbs toward the infinite future."
Waldorf or Rudolf Steiner (1861-1925)
Rudolf Steiner founded the Waldorf School at Stuttgart in Germany in 1919 for the children of the factory workers of the Waldorf Astoria Cigarette Company at the request of that company's director.
“Receive the children in reverence, educate them in love,and send them forth in freedom.”
...Waldorf or Rudolf Steiner
Benefits of Montessori and Waldorf Education:
- Montessori and Waldorf are the fastest growing educational systems in the world today.
- Both are based on many years of experience, with all kinds of children, the world over.
- Both have great respect for the child as an individual, spiritual, creative being.
- Both believe in protecting the child from the stresses of modern life, overuse or misuse of technology such as television and computers.
- Both emphasize the education of the whole child, spiritual, mental, physical, psychological, over any particular academic curriculum.
- Both stress the importance of the natural environment, absence of plastic, keeping in touch with nature and natural materials.
- Both systems base their education on the needs of the child, believing that this will lead to meeting the needs of society as a whole.
- Both schools provide a rich variety of art, music, dance, and theater at all ages.
What Montessori Means To Parents
Reassurance that the Montessori Method will prepare your child for Primary School.
Confidence that all areas of education are being taught in a concrete and fun way.
Knowledge that your child will be given the freedom to construct him / herself.
Commitment that you are fully aware of your child's progress.
Satisfaction because building your child's self-esteem, feeling of self worth and confidence is central to Montessori Education.
- At CIS Juniors, we believe that the environment is the third teacher. Our school environment is richly and carefully resourced to stimulate learning and development in young children. We offer fantastic opportunities for children to learn and grow by creating environments that are rich with provocations. Children are encouraged to engage with a range of materials and resources that extend and challenge their thinking.
- Our school is housed in specially renovated premises with child-safe interiors, child-friendly furniture and amenities. The entire premise is childproof and includes safety gates and fire extinguishers. We have adopted, tried and tested procedures to ensure complete safety, security as well as health and hygiene of children. We have resourced toys and other play equipments from all over the world to enhance your child's learning journey, making it a joyful experience.
- Our school is spacious and aesthetically designed to invite learning, observation and exploration. Our calm and soothing interiors help children settle down into the school environment without discomfort. Teachers carefully organise learning spaces for small and large group work, as well as small, intimate activities.
Beautiful, inviting, thoughtfully arranged class rooms with soft colours and uncluttered spaces set the stage for calm and focused activity in the learning environment – the class room. Learning materials are displayed on accessible shelves fostering freedom of choice as students go about their work. There are well defined spaces for each part of the curriculum such as Language, Art, Math and Culture .Notable features that set these learning spaces apart from normal rooms are -s
- Class rooms have an area devoted to peace and reflection, a quiet corner with well-chosen items. There are places to curl up with books where a student can read or be read to.
- The Montessori classroom radiates harmony and respect.
- Members address each other respectfully and in modulated tones. There are no raised voices; no rude or hurtful behaviour.
- There is a busy hum of activity, yet also profound respect for silence. Students show grace and courtesy, and an interest in the welfare of others; “Let me help!” is a common classroom refrain. Students work together as stewards of their environment.
- Children take turns caring for their classrooms do their part to maintain order and help keep outdoor spaces groomed and litter-free.
- Learning is not confined to the classrooms; it spans all available resources, including the natural environment outdoors and the local community. We provide ample outdoor space which makes outdoor learning an integral part of the children's day-to-day curriculum and provides opportunity to engage with the natural environment, supporting large muscle development and encouraging inquiry.
CIS Juniors hosts several school events in a year. The main events organized by us are:
An annual production by the students, typically done on stage either in the school or in a public venue. Our annual productions are fundamental aids in developing self-confidence, public speaking skills and introducing theatre to the children.
Seasonal productions by the students, typically smaller in scale than the annual productions, and held around major local festivals.
Informal evenings with the parents, where parents can share informal feedback with the school and mingle with the teachers once offer each tier.
Parent teacher conferences held once in a while for assessment and evaluation.
Field trips organized for different classes once per tier.
Workshops and Seminars
At CIS Juniors, we pride ourselves in being thorough leaders in the field of early childhood education. To that end, we host workshops and seminars at our school for parents and caregivers. Some of the workshop and seminar themes we explore are:
Child Nutrition different aspects of children’s psychology, for new parents - on handling very young children Workshops, for other caregivers (e.g. domestic help) on handling young children, Special needs education for early childhood, Behavior management etc.
For our workshops and seminars, we invite leading practitioners in the various fields to talk to the parents and give valuable input.
Parents as Partners
Parents are children’s first teachers and they need to be involved in every aspect of early childhood education. It is a well-researched fact that involvement of parents in the learning process of children leads to faster achievement of learning goals. A school cannot contribute to the learning outcome of children in isolation and needs active participation by the parents. We are inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach where parents are a vital component of our school. At CIS Juniors , we view parents as our partners, advocates and collaborators. We are sensitive to your needs and focus on establishing strong and respectful relationships.
As parents, you will be invited to actively participate in the school. To tackle separation anxiety, you will be encouraged to spend time with your child at the beginning of the day through our program – Indoor Integrated Play (IIP) until he/she settles in the school. You will be able to collaborate with our teachers in understanding and interpreting your child’s learning, activities and interests. We will actively involve you in the curriculum especially with regards to introducing numeracy and literacy to your child. At various levels, our teachers will encourage you to incorporate collaborative activities at home such as reading story books together, participating in community events with your child, sharing information about daily life, and helping your child learn his/her mother tongue as well as English. Furthermore, you will be continuously updated about your child’s progress through our in-depth documentation process where teachers maintain records of your child’s works in progress, skills, interests, behaviour and learning in the form of a portfolio. At CIS Juniors, you can watch and participate in your children’s development and share in their joy when they take their first step as independent, self-confident individuals.
Parent Communication and Support
Communication is one of our founding principles, and we take great effort in communicating every aspect of what your child does in school to you. The cornerstones of our approach to communicating with and supporting parents are:
The CIS Juniors Parents App : We have developed the most comprehensive parent communication app called Uolo App for our parents. Through this app, parents have a direct line of communication to the class teacher, receive frequent updates on the child’s progress, can access and update all information relating to their child, view the school calendar, notify absences, synchronize their calendars with school events, and most importantly, have ready access to all their children’s photographs and videos on their smartphones or tablets. The same information is available through the dedicated parents’ portal on our website
Goal Setting and Assessments: At the beginning of each tier, the school, in consultation with the parents, will set out the developmental objectives for the child for that tier. Assessment is continuous, and is feed back to the parents once every tier. Detailed assessment forms are completed and delivered by hand and uploaded to the app.
Constant communication: Teachers greet parents every morning at drop off time and use the opportunity to communicate regarding the child. Weekly notifications for the following week are sent to parents. In the first week of school for a child, daily updates are sent to the parent with the child’s activities, with the frequency dropping to once a week when the child is settled in.
Developmental Journal: The school compiles a detailed journal of the small developmental milestones achieved by the child across the various areas of development. This is done on a yearly basis, and is made available to the parents. By the time your child leaves CIS Juniors, you will have a chronicle of your child’s development journey on hand, celebrating each small milestone!
- Admission to the school is subject to the availability of seats.
- Children in the age group 1.5 years to 9.5 years are eligible for admission.
- Class age: Playgroup: 2.5 years to 3.5 years
- Admission can be taken in advance (even prior to the eligibility as per age) to ensure availability of seat.
Lower KG: 3.5 years to 4.5 years
Upper KG: 4.5 years to 5.5 years
Class 1 to 5 : 6.5 years and up
Child care: 1.5 years to 10 years
- This includes filling-up the admission form (which is available in the school or by downloading the form online).
- Attach 4 passport size photographs of the child and each of parents/guardians and a copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- Remit the admission fees as applicable. (Fees can be paid in cash or through A/c payee cheque or demand draft)
Click to download online form CIS Juniors
"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."
- William Arthur Ward
For children at such an impressionable age, inspiration can last a life time. At CIS Juniors, we recognize this fact.
Our teachers are aware of the responsibility of teaching and nurturing children who are at this age of immense growth and change. Each teacher knows the important role they play in encouraging your child’s zest for learning. That's why the role of faculty at CIS Juniors goes much beyond just 'instruction' to that of a teacher, friend and guide.
To make sure each child’s needs are addressed, we follow a strict teacher- student ratio of 1:15. Each faculty member is highly qualified in early childhood education. Out staff also comprise specialists - experts in the fields of performing and fine arts as well as science and technology.
Constant training allows our teachers to improve their own skills and ensure a creative and innovative approach to classroom practices. A combination of patience, compassion and knowledge helps each teacher & cater to individual learning needs, stimulating children to reach their full potential.
All CIS Juniors, faculty is selected with the best qualifications and experience and are further trained by International and Indian trainers on child centric practice and creative teaching. CIS Juniors faculty is geared for making children talk and help them achieve learning goals through group and individual tasks.